Saturday, February 18, 2012

60 things

I saw this on Angel's blog and as I am always up for a bout of navel-gazing, I decided to do it too

1. How old will you be in five years? 49 and I'm surprisingly cool with that!

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? My darling husband.  My goodness I love that man! 

3. How tall short are you? 158 centimetres.

4. What is the last movie you saw? We went and saw Jack and Jill..... it was undoubtedly the worst movie I have ever seen.

5. Who called you last? My Roxy-girl

6. Who did you call last? I tried to phone my aunt but she didn't answer - no surprises there, she never has her phone with her.

7. What was the last text message you received? A message from my Rox.  We communicate A LOT! 

8. Do you prefer calling or texting? I HATE talking on the phone and avoid it at all costs, unless it's one of my girls or Grant.

9. Are your parents married or divorced? Totally divorced.  Totally.

10. When did you last see your mother? On the day she died.

11. What color eyes do you have? Green.

12. When did you wake up today? 06:09  aaargh!  It's Saturday for goodness sake, what became of Saturday sleep-ins?

13. What is your favorite Christmas song? Last Christmas - Wham

   

But I had a very Michael Buble Christmas this year and I love, love, love his Christmas CD


14. What is your favorite place? My bed. I spend an embarrassing amount of time there, considering I'm not bed-ridden.

15. What place do you like the least? The gynaecologist's consulting room

16. Where do you think you will find yourself in ten years? I have this dream and I would like to think it may oneday come true, but if I'm being honest, I'll probably be living in Durban in 10 years time!

17. What scared you about the night as a child? The bit where it got dark.

18. What made you really laugh last? I have a guilty little secret and it's where I go if I need some hysterical laughter to get me through the day.  It's this website (only go there if you are not easily offended!  Don't say I didn't warn you...)

19. How big is your bed? In about a week's time our new king-size bed will arrive.  I.Cannot.Wait.

20. Do you have a desktop or laptop computer? Laptop. Love it.

21. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? I really cannot sleep without PJs on.  I've tried and I just can't do itThat whole being naked feeling.  Uh-Huh.

22. How many pillows do you have in bed? 2 flattish pillows.

23. How many provinces have you lived in? Born in Gauteng and emigrated to KZN.

24. Which cities have you lived in? I'm not a city kind of girl.  I'm a small town chick.

25. Do you prefer shoes, socks or bare feet? My house slops

26. Are you social? Not at all.

27. What is your favorite ice cream? Vanilla, with Horlicks sprinkled on top, yummy.

28. What is your favorite dessert? Creme Brulee.

29. Do you like Chinese food? Yes, please.

30. Do you like coffee? Only if it's made to my specific instructions - it has to be de-caf and the milk has to be boiled.

31. What do you have for breakfast? Fruits of the Cape yoghurt with Woolies vanilla muesli.

32. Do you sleep on a particular side? On the right.

33. Can you play poker? Nope.

34. Do you like to cuddle / snuggle? Only for a little bit and then I get fidgety and irritated.

35. Are you a dependent person? Oh yesHang around me for any length of time and I will begin to lean on you.

36. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Mc Dreamy and Orlando Bloom, yay!

37. Do you have children? My two girls are the best thing that ever happened to meAnd I have an Impi too.  What can I say?  I lucked out!

38. Do you know any languages other than English? Afrikaans and a very peculiar form of Zulu.

39. Have you ever driven an ambulance? Huh?

40. Do you prefer the ocean or a pool? To look at - the ocean, to be in - the pool.

41. What do you spend money on? Apart from the usual household stuff, mainly e-books.

42. Do you have precious jewellery? The ring I inherited from my darling aunt, that I now wear as a wedding ring.

43. What are your favorite shows on TV? I only ever watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice

44. Can you roll your tongue? Nope.

45. Who is the funniest person you know? Grant.  He cracks me up.

46. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Definitely not, but I sleep with a live little Jack Russell ♥

47. What is your ringtone? I think it's "The Sting"

48. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? Nope.

49. What is closest to you right now that is red? My Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter. Love it!

50. Do you flirt much? Not nearly as much as I used to! 

51. Can you change the oil on the car: Bwahahaha.  No.

52. Have you received a speeding ticket ever: Nope, I'm not a speedy kind of girl

53. What was the last book you read? The latest Sherryl Woods.

54. Do you read a newspaper? I read the Mercury every weekday.

55. Subscribe to a magazine? For some weird reason, after being a magazine-aholic.  I have gone off magazines.

56. Do you dance in the car: No, but I do sing.

57. Which radio station did you listen to last? East Coast Radio. Although it's never been the same since Dave Guselli left.  sob, sob

58. What was the last thing you scribbled down on paper? My shopping list.

59. When were you at church last? I no longer go to church.

60. Are you happy? I am.  I don't take for granted how very blessed I am.

2 comments:

Angel said...

I love your answers!
And I realised that #3 to #6 was missing on my list completely!
*FACEPALM*

Kirsty said...

Love this! will have to do it x

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...