Saturday, March 10, 2012

Briefly...

  • I've had this silly sniffely bug hanging around for 2 full weeks and it has finally broken... I am coughing my lungs out and feel pretty rotten, but at least now I should start getting better
  • I am LOVING the cooler weather we're having, can't wait for Autumn to really set in.
  • I have so enjoyed cooking this week.  I HATE cooking in the heat and will avoid it at all costs.  This week we've eaten some good food, thanks to the cooler temps.
  • We have a full weekend planned:  Dinner out with the Boltons tonight, watching the Sharks game on TV with the Clarks tomorrow and my aunt for dinner on Sunday.  Looking forward to it! Provided I don't start feeling any more rotten....  please no!
  • I've been teaching Paula to drive this week and have to confess that teaching a perfectionist to drive is no easy feat!  She is doing really well, but is so incredibly hard on herself.  NOW I see what her teachers mean when they say she needs to lighten up.
  • Had a day for missing my little brother yesterday.  Funny how it will strike out of the blue for no apparent reason, I think I may have dreamt about him, the night before last, because I woke with him on my mind and there he remained all day.  I wonder where he would be now, if he was still alive?
  • We went and saw "Midnight in Paris" on Sunday.  I LOVED it.  I read Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" last year and it made the film so much more meaningful.  To see all my favourite places in Paris on the big screen was just lovely.  I really LOVE Paris.  Would love to live there for a while. Dreams....
  • I have this horrible job I have to do at work and I have been putting it off and putting it off and now I can put it off no longer, Monday I will tackle it and hopefully finish it on Tuesday.  Fortunately I don't have many jobs that create this degree of angst in me!
  • Some swine stole all Impi's money out of his savings account this week.  I am furious the poor kid works such long hours for a pathetic wage and then some idiot has the gall to take what little money he has...  Really, it's just not on!
  • In 2 week's time we are going to Sun City (for our last timeshare holiday there - sob, sob).  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Simone said...

Greetings from Northern Ireland.

Lynette said...

I hope you feel better soon...it is a tough time of year to get a cold. I also hate cooking and "if I were a rich girl" I would have hired a cook;-) I didn't teach any of my kids to drive (DH has better nerves where it comes to that) I hope your weekend is filled with lots of fun and laughter.

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...