Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Some questions

I found this over at Conversations over soup and thought I'd answer the questions just for fun. 

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Time spent having fun with my family.  Nothing makes me happier.

2. What is your greatest fear? Dying a slow painful death.

3. Which historical figure do you most identify with?  There isn't really one that I identify with.  I find Anne Boleyn fascinating, but thankfully (See No.2!) I don't identify with her!!

4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Cowardice.

5. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Cruelty.

6. What is your greatest extravagance? Cosmetics, I like the expensive ones....

7. What is your favorite journey? Travelling to Europe. I have a major on-going love-affair with Europe.

8. What do you dislike most about your appearance? Where do I begin?  My weight, my height, my fluffy, frizzy hair, my skew teeth.....blah, blah, blah....

9.What words or phrases do you most overuse? The word "clearly" and of course "I can't" - see No. 4 above.

10. What is your greatest regret? Having a fight with my brother the day before he died.

11. Who or what is the greatest love(s) of your life? My husband, my daughters and my pets.

12When or where were you happiest? How to pick one time??  Probably our family holidays at Sun City or our vacations in Europe.

13. What talent would you most like to have? The ability to play the piano.

14. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Raising two lovely daughters.

15. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what would it be? Always a mother.
 
16. What is your most treasured possession? The ring I inherited from my aunt Pam.

17. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Genuine suffering of any kind.

18. Where would you like to live? In Europe.  I dream of owning a villa in Italy (a la Bramasole)

19. What is your favorite occupation? Reading or messing about on my lap-top

20. What is your most marked characteristic? Laziness

21. What is the quality you most like in a man? Kindness.

22. What do you most value in your friends? Their unconditional love.

23. Who are your favorite writers? I read purely for fun, so my favourite writers are not necessarily the writers I consider the best writers, but rather the ones whose books I most enjoy reading:  Katie FForde (she's my very favourite) Janette Oke, Lori Wick, Sherryl Woods, JoAnn Ross, L M Montgomery, Rebecca Shaw....there are lots!

24. Who is your favorite hero in fiction? Don’t have one, but my favourite fictional character would probably be Anne in Anne of Green Gables.

25. Who are your heroes in real life? All the people who do the really difficult jobs that I couldn't imagine having the courage to do.... paramedics, people who work in hospices those sort of people.

26. What are your favorite names? Dylan for a boy and Julia for a girl

27. What is it that you most dislike? Cruelty to animals, homophobia and racism.

28. How would you like to die? In my sleep.

29. What is your motto? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

4 comments:

Geoff Maritz said...

Yay, another South African.
Blessings, Geoff.

Kerstin said...

These are great, Gill, thanks for playing along! There seems to be a theme of inherited jewelry being amongst our most valued possessions :) And next time you come to Europe consider a trip to Germany, we will have a guest room! xo

Jenny in Durbs said...

Interesting answers & fun.

Lynette said...

I love this post, purely because it says so much about you;-) I might just do this one.

xx

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...