Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Little Meme

I found this meme on Angel's blog and being a sucker for memes........ here it is:
  • Right now, I am: parked off on my bed in my ancient old tracksuit with my dog and my lap-top, couldn't be happier!
  • I’m currently obsessed with: the thought of moving to Hillcrest at the end of next year.  Ch-ch-ch-changes….
  • Cannot live without: Lindt Mint

  • I’m reading: Debbie Macomber’s Cedar Cove series
  • I’m listening to: the late afternoon traffic, a happy little bulbul and the sound of the sea
  • Favourite place in Joburg: Hmmmm – haven’t spent very much time in Jo’burg at all.  Can I change that to Durbs?  My current favourite place in Durban is La Lucia mall.
  • Favourite place in SA:  A toss up between:
the Drakensberg

and

Sun City

Favourite place in the world: How to pick one??  Up there in my top 5 would be:


Burley in the New Forest,

Paris,

London,

Mijas on the Costa del Sol

and Italy in general.
  • I’ve lived in: Springs (as a teeny-weeny little thing) Durban, Greytown, Himeville and the South Coast of KZN
  • Next up on my bucket list: Hopefully it will be to go to the Oktoberfest in Munich in 2017 – but that’s a long way away and who knows what could happen between now and then….
  • The last thing I crossed off my bucket list: was seeing Van Gogh’s Sunflowers in real life.
  • I realized I was an adult when: I held Roxy in my arms for the first time
  • I realized I’d never be an adult when: I laughed until I cried at Damn You Auto-correct.
  • In the movie of my life, I want to be played by: Meryl Streep!
  • Best invention since the wheel: Cell phones!
  • A house is not a home without: a decent dining-room table that just begs you to gather around it with good food, good friends and good wine
  • This week I’m crushing on: Jesse Williams a.k.a Jackson Avery on Grey’s Anatomy!  Man that dude can get my sole surviving ovary in a twist!!
  • I’m currently working on: a packing list for my forthcoming holiday
  • I’m really proud of: the fact that I walked 20 kms in the last week.
  • You’d be amazed if I showed you my: yoh!  Ummm...  I’ve gone blank with this one! Uuuh, my deviated septum?  Wanna see it?
  • I cannot survive winter without: Gluhwein!  And a snuggly blankie.
  • Signature dish: Probably my veggie soup.
  • Guilty pleasure: Reading when I should be doing any number of other useful things.
  • When no-one’s looking: I eat more than my daily allowance of Lindt Mint J
  • In my next life I want to be: Jesse Williams’ concubine.  Just Kidding!  Sort of.  No, seriously!
  • Every morning I get up and take Jackie for wees…. And I thank my Daddy Upstairs that I have the ability to get up and take Jackie for wees and make Paula’s school lunch and read the newspaper…. and all those other silly little things that collectively form my very comfortable and pleasing existence.  Frankly I don’t always remember to thank my Daddy Upstairs, but I darn well should!
  • I believe that life really begins at 44!  It’s only now, at the ripe old age of 44, that I feel like I am living an authentic life that completely reflects who I am.
  • I’ve really got to work on the size of my thighs!
  • Best advice I was ever given:  I feel so sorry for me. I grew up surrounded by women who were very quick and eager to dish out advice.  Trouble is it was terrible advice!  And there I was a vulnerable and innocent young girl who lapped up this advice as though it was the gospel truth.  Bullshit.  I was a strong-willed, prickly young girl who thought she knew better.  Thankfully.  Otherwise I would have grown up believing stuff like “With all that lies within you, keep the peace” – that nugget came from my beloved (mis-guided) Gran.  What a lot of poppy-cock!  Personally, I firmly believe that “with all that lies within you fight for what you believe in!”  And my mother’s favourite was “Husbands are replaceable”  Yes, well she certainly went out of her way to prove the veracity of that, but it’s not quite the adage I want to base my marriage on.  Snigger.  So as far as advice goes… I take it with a pinch of salt and form my own opinion thankyouverymuch!

No comments:

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...