Sunday, April 12, 2015

April Love - Evening rituals

If the weather cooperates, I like to sit out on the deck and have a drink with my family before dinner.  Doing this seems to calm us, help us let go of the busyness of the day, and prepare us for a peaceful evening.



I don't have much in the way of evening rituals - I love having a bath in the evening, and at bed-time I usually read for a little while before turning out the light; but I am working on incorporating some more beneficial rituals into my evening routine.  I find that I sleep a lot better if I meditate before going to bed, but I need to practice some disciple and actually DO this more often.

I was reading a little while ago about the need for rituals in the Highly Sensitive person. And, being a highly sensitive person, I can see how this is true.   My life seems to flow better when I have some rituals built into it.

No comments:

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...