Monday, April 13, 2015

April Love: Love Note to Self


Dear Me,

Just want to remind you that you are doing great.  You don't have to change in order to be okay - you ARE okay just as you are. 

Please stop trying to fit into all the little boxes created by people who don't know you - you are too unique to fit into a box.  You don't need a box!  You deserve to be free and spontaneous, not hemmed in by expectations.

Remember, you don't need to jump through hoops to be worthy of love.  You are worthy.  Read that again..... You are worthy.

Now go out and be happy, be satisfied with who you are, be content.  And know that you are wonderful.

With Love
Me

2 comments:

Geoff Maritz said...

Hello Jill.
Wow you really need a friend right now, a South Africa friend. I don't know what's been eating your banana, or avo, but you really need to understand that you are so loved by God himself that He has watched the fears you heap upon yourself and asks Himself why.
Here's what you need to know about Gill: Gill is a particularly beautiful woman, trust me, I know what a beautiful woman looks like, much better than pretty. Your daughters take your way of dealing with life as their standard "Go To" method. Don't believe me? Ask them, they will tell you exactly the same thing. You worry about making everyone else happy all the while being unlovable yourself, who told you that? Jesus tells us, "I love you and will never leave you nor forsake you." He was talking to you, and if He can love you, what makes you think you are a better judge of yourself than the son of God?
Enough, I think you are great and chin up girl, you are very loved.
Blessings from Geoff in Johannesburg.

Gill said...

@Geoff, thanks so much for your kind words. I've been through a tough time, but it's been enlightening and I think the work I have been forced to do is starting to bear fruit. Thanks again for your supportive comment. I love your blog - don't comment as often as I should, but I am a faithful reader.

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...