Thursday, April 30, 2015

April Love: Thank you...

I have to admit that I am a glass-half-empty kind of gal.  I can never be relied on to "always look on the bright side of life" (ba-doom, ba-doom, ba-doom, ba-doom pee-doom.... sorry....) , but instead can always be relied on to expect the worst, to bemoan my fate and generally to be a pessimistic PITA (Pain In The Ass).... It can get very tiresome!  So yes, it is time to make a change.  Time to unGrinchify myself. 

Where do I start?  Well, I've been thinking that perhaps the first step in this process is to be thankful for my many, many blessings.  So, I am trying each day to take a moment to be grateful.  I've been looking at this site and I think the advice is pretty good.


I'm hoping that in time I will develop a sense that my half-full glass is enough, that it's all I need, that it satisfies me and that I am blessed to have it.


And this post brings me to the end of my April Love journey.  Thank you to my fellow "April Loves" who have stopped by my blog and who have shared this journey with me.



This post is part of  the April Love series, the brain-child of Susannah Conway.  In Susannah's words:
The theme of the challenge, as you’ve probably guessed, is LOVE — love for ourselves, our lives, the world around us. LOVE expressed in gratitude and kindness. February might have Valentine but we’ve got April LOVE :)If you'd like to get in on the action, you can sign up here.

No comments:

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...