Thursday, April 23, 2015

April Love: When I was small

When I was 9 years old my mother married my step-dad and we moved into the home that he had grown up in.  It was an older house, with many relics of his growing up years, all kinds of treasures, that I spent many hours poring over.  Fascinating tin boxes with old pencils and such-like in them.  Stacks of his sister's "Annuals" - remember the teen magazines that brought out hardcover "Annuals"??  One of the things that made a huge impression on me was an old record player.  My Dad gave it to me and with it an LP record.  It was my first ever LP record and I LOVED it.  It was this one:


I think I still know the words to every single track on that LP.  I played it over and over and over again, for YEARS.  To this day, that LP is one of my all-time favourites and the Bee-Gees hold a very special place in my heart.

I thought this one was particularly appropriate today.... When I was small.....


 

This post is part of  the April Love series, the brain-child of Susannah Conway.  In Susannah's words:
The theme of the challenge, as you’ve probably guessed, is LOVE — love for ourselves, our lives, the world around us. LOVE expressed in gratitude and kindness. February might have Valentine but we’ve got April LOVE :)If you'd like to get in on the action, you can sign up here.


No comments:

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...