Thursday, July 02, 2015

21 Questions

I had intended doing this post yesterday, but my day turned out rather differently than I had hoped... I definitely needed the distraction today though, so here it is:

1. What is your current fashion obsession? Honestly I am the most un-fashion-forward person I know.  I have noticed that lately I have been wearing a LOT of grey….. does that count?

2. What are you wearing today? Jeans and a grey T-shirt.

3. Hair?  I recently had my bob cut shortish again, I'm enjoying it.

4. Do you nap a lot? Nope, I don’t sleep during the day as a rule, but I do enjoy a good lie-down with my book and a piece of chocolate.

5. Why is today special? I had a coffee date with my girls and my little granddaughter Issy.

6. What would you like to learn to do? I would love to learn to do yoga properly, it’s a tough ask though as I have been a confirmed couch potato pretty much forever!

7. What’s for dinner today? Ostrich steak stroganoff

8. What are you listening to right now? Jeremy Loops "Down South".  I have SUCH a thing for Jeremy!



9. What is your favourite weather? Winter in Durban – the cool but sunny and dry days are lovely. (And the "dry" part means no bad hair days, yay!)

10. What’s the last thing you bought? Some Redken shampoo and conditioner

11. What are your essentials when traveling? – my Kindle, my credit card and my cellphone.

12. What’s your style? Relaxed, casual and comfortable.  I am ALL about comfortable!

13. What is your most challenging goal right now? Losing the weight I have put on since last year this time. Really, it's BAD.

14. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?  Corfu! (Choosing to ignore the financial crisis okay...)


Corfu
Best day ever

15. Favourite vacation spot? Bellagio in Italy, on the shores of Lake Como.  My soul feels so at peace there.




16. Name the things you cannot live without? My family, my pets, my sight.

17. How was your childhood? Complicated.  Difficult.  Anxiety-ridden.

18. What would you like to have in your hands right now? The keys to the house mentioned in No.14 in one hand and the plane ticket to get there in the other!

19. What are you most excited for? Our holiday in June/July next year.

20. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? I’d like to spend an hour with my sister-from-another-mother Lisa and her family at their local pub in Send, Surrey, on the banks of the canal, with a big jug of Pimms on the table between us.




21. Which countries have you visited? I’ve been so lucky, I have a passion for travel and my father has blessed our family with a number of overseas holidays.  I’ve visited: Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Monaco, Malta, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, the Vatican City, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Croatia and Czech Republic. 

I first spotted this on A Bit of This A Bit of That, and then on Being Angel and finally on sea.ess.em.jay.  I seem to be rather late to this party!  

I'd like to nominate Paula and Yudhika to do the 21 Questions too xx

4 comments:

Gina said...

Im so sorry about your Chloe. Losing a pet is like losing a family member :(

Paula said...

Done and dusted! Thanks for the nomination!

AngelConradie said...

I need to travel more!

Kerry Smith said...

The things you learn about yourself answering 21 questions!! I have completed this challenge Gilly I hope you enjoy it xx

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...