Sunday, July 05, 2015

The thing about being a grandmother.....

The thing about being a grandmother.....is that it changes you.  No really, it does.

The moment that Isabella was born I changed.  It was like I developed an extra layer of tenderness that was for her alone.



There is a bond between us that is difficult to describe.  It's different to the maternal bond, but just as deep.  I love this little girl fiercely.



The passage of time is so evident when I look at her - another generation, a fresh new life brimming with potential and the reminder that I am ageing.



She reminds me every day that we have to seize the moment, appreciate the joy and beauty around us, delight in the day.


1 comment:

Paula said...

Our Issy is so adorable! She absolutely adores you and is so blessed to have such a caring Nana!

I am busy ruminating on an updated bucket list - it's a lot more difficult than one would think!  The last time I created a bucket...