Sunday, August 30, 2015

Good-bye my Rud

Sometimes in life you are lucky enough to connect with a person, an animal, or a place on a soul-deep level.  It's like something deep inside is stirred by a connection that you can't explain.  Kindred spirits.  That happened to me when I met Rud.  Rud and I had a connection that defies description.  That dog knew and understood me inside out.  He totally, completely and utterly "got" me.  No other person or animal has ever touched my heart in the way he did.  I know it sounds utterly crazy, but it was very real.   




I got a phone call this morning to tell me that my precious Ruddy-boy had died during the night.  We don't know what was wrong with him - he was literally a bit sick yesterday and then took a bad turn at 3:00 this morning and died.  

I will mourn him forever.  I have lost something irreplaceable, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that his spirit lives on and I will always be so grateful to have experienced the quality of love that I shared with this dog.  It was a privilege to know him and to love him.

1 comment:

Louise Corrans said...

Dear Gill
I am so sorry for the loss of your Rud, and I know EXACTLY what you mean about a dog that "gets" you because I had the exact same feelings about a dog I had, a little black pug called Goblin. We connected. I feel moved by how you talk about Rud, and you can never replace that. xxxx

When my Goblin died I was heartbroken. There is always that one dog that climbs into your heart and never leaves.

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...