Friday, August 28, 2015

Thought-provoking

I saw this quote a couple of weeks ago on Clever Bird Banter and it really stuck with me:



Thought-provoking isn't it?!


It prompted me to think about all the things that I am thankful for:

I am grateful for my family.  My husband, my children, my precious grand-daughter and my extend family, small though it may be!

I am grateful for my pets.  My furry family that means so much to me.

I am grateful for my home.  I actually plan on doing a blog post all about my home in the very near future.

I am grateful for my job.  I am very grateful that I am able to work from home.

I am grateful for my health.  Very grateful.  One of my blogging friends was recently diagnosed with a third cancer.  Another blogging friend lost her beloved husband to cancer this week.  These people are young, they have young children.  My heart goes out to them.

I am grateful for my faith.  I may not be your poster-child, church-going Christian, but I am a Christ-follower and I am grateful that my Father is up there - probably rolling his eyes at some of my antics - but up there, looking after me, none-the-less.

I am grateful for my lifestyle.  We may not be wealthy (okay, we're definitely not wealthy!), but we live comfortably.  We live in a country with significant issues, but we are able to live an outdoorsy kind of life, with a fantastic climate and plenty of wide open spaces and a culture that is diverse and interesting.

I am grateful for my friends.  Being the introverted soul that I am, I don't have a big circle of friends, but the friends I do have are friends for life.

I am grateful for all the extras that make my life fun and interesting.... books, music, the internet, movies, photographs and hobbies....  all the "fluff" that adds depth and variation to my everyday life.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Dealing with grief

I just read this amazing blog post by a mom who recently lost her baby. She gives real, practical examples of what to do/say to someone wh...