Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 in review

2016 is quickly drawing to a close and I thought it might be a fun exercise to look back over the year and see what I got up to.

This year I:

woke up early most mornings - I think it's old age, but it sure has its compensations




walked a stretch of the Camino and created a blog about the experience.  It was life-changing.


gained quite a lot of weight 😕


had to let go of some family relationships, it hurts, but when it's time to let go it's time to let go.


put down some roots - it's taken me a long time to feel comfortable in our "new" home, we've been here 3 years now and I can FINALLY say I feel at home.


survived home renovations - what a nightmare!  But we did it and I love our new bathroom.

Read 46 books




said good-bye to my precious Jackie-dog, it nearly broke my heart.  I miss that old lady SO much.

Love you my sweet Jax

said good-bye to my Uncle Ian. It was sad to say good-bye, but I know he is happily reunited with his beloved "Skaapie" at last.




spent many happy hours baby-sitting my darling Issy while her mom did a 6-month locum.




cruised on the Med with my whole family and my sister-from-another-mother, Lisa and her husband Trev - it was a dream come true.
  


swam in the Mediterranean sea with my precious Issy-boo.... pure bliss!!  Probably the highlight of my year.



Spent a week in Corfu doing this:

there is no better feeling!

discovered that in February 2017 I will be Nana to a baby boy!



Spent some time in the mountains with my lovelies




Found Imps a job in our area, so next year we will be seeing a lot more of him!

Imps and Issy sharing a joke

Did a pretty good job with my word of the year which was "Commit"

Subscribed to Netflix and binge-watched the entire Gilmore Girls from start to finish.

Fell in love with the Heartland series (also on Netflix) 

did lots of walking in the first half of the year, in preparation for our week walking the Camino - planned to continue walking when we got home, but that unfortunately didn't happen.


Although it's had its ups and downs, 2016 has been a good year. 

No comments:

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...