Sunday, December 11, 2016

Biggest Lesson from 2016

I think the biggest lesson that 2016 taught me is that it's okay to let go and just keep plodding.



I like to plan things down to the finest detail - not allowing for any surprises, not allowing for the unexpected, being assured of success at all times.  The walk we did on the Camino gave me a whole lot of perspective on all of that.



Yes I planned our walk down to the finest detail and I have no regrets about that, but life threw us a bunch of curve balls too and I learnt to shrug my shoulders and keep plodding.  I realised that I actually can't control the universe (who knew?! 😏) and the best I can do is plan, hope for the best, and keep working towards my goal, one step at a time.


Ultimately it all works out, I might pick up some bumps and bruises and learn a lot of important lessons on the way, but it's all part of the experience.

1 comment:

Mandy 'n' Justin said...

Yay for curveballs?! Some of the most wonderful experiences can come from things you never saw coming! Of course, some of the worst things can as well. It sounds like your walk on the Camino reminded you of just that. Your pictures are lovely. The clouds and mountains in the distance are beautiful! :)

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...