Tuesday, December 06, 2016

December Reflections: Day 6 "In the Air"

The fact that I was the person who took this photo is nothing short of miraculous.  I have been battling a fear of flying for a number of years now (remember this blog post!😁) and, I hesitate to say it, but it seems I might finally have turned a corner.  I wouldn't say  I am completely comfortable and at ease in an aircraft, but I seem to have overcome the sweating, white-knuckled, fixed-gaze state that I used to be in every time I flew.  Yay me!


Having said that, shortly after taking this photo, on the approach into Corfu, I did think my final day on earth had come - no-one warned me that the landing strip at Corfu airport extends almost into the sea.  It literally felt like we were landing in the ocean.  Have a look here to see how crazy it is:





No comments:

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...