Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Favourite things

I haven't done a "favourite things" post for quite a while, so I thought it was about time I did, especially seeing as I have found some new favourites to add to my list lately.

Aleppo Soap - I discovered Aleppo soap when I was researching what to take with us on our Camino and I'm so glad I did!  My family absolutely love it.  The situation in Syria just breaks my heart - to think that many of the factories that have been making Aleppo soap for centuries have been destroyed is so incredibly sad. Who knows how long we will still be able to get our Aleppo soap?  We are loving and appreciating it while we can.


Lindt Chilli - I have been a long-time lover of Lindt chocolate, but up until a few months ago it was the Mint variety that did it for me.... then one day I decided to give the Lindt Chilli a try and it was "Hello hot-stuff!" .... and "Bye-bye baby" to the Lindt Mint from that point on.  

Leuchtturm 1917 - I have been bitten by the Bullet Journaling bug (blog post to follow soon!) and, while we were in Europe, I treated myself to a Leuchtturm 1917journal to bullet journal in.  I am in love!  I can't imagine ever being without one again.


We are the Wildflowers Guide - my kiddos bought me this book for my birthday and I love it.   Although I am not vegan (I'm a vegan wannabe, but I sit on the pescetarian side of the scale) I find this guide SO helpful and have spent many happy hours poring over it and am loving the recipes and hints and tips it offers.  



Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream Lip Protectant Stick (now that's quite a mouthful!) - this was another birthday present from my kiddos (I'm a spoilt mamma!)  I have been a HUGE fan of Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream for the longest time, but lately I have become addicted to it.  I have the driest lips ever and I have been slathering the cream on my lips all day every day.  My girls then had the inspired idea of buying me the tinted lip protectant stick - it's amazing!  It keeps my lips beautifully moisturised with a lovely sheer hint of colour.  


That's it (for now), these are the things that are currently making me smile.


No comments:

Camino Portuguese (Coastal Route)

We are planning another Camino walking holiday!  I couldn't be more excited.  The plan is that next year, in June, Grant, Paula and I wi...