Monday, January 16, 2017

On my reading list for 2017

New year, new resolutions.  One of my resolutions for 2017 is to be a little more deliberate about what I read.  I love to read and I especially love romance novels and lately that seems to be pretty much all I have been reading.  It's so easy to start reading one book by a particular author and then, assuming you enjoy that book, to just continue to read books by that author. If you look at my Goodreads page you will see that I have been doing exactly that for the longest time now!  While I really enjoy most of the books I read, I think it would do me good to get out of my literary comfort-zone.

So, this year I decided to do the Reading Challenge on the Modern Mrs Darcy blog.  I'm doing the "Reading for Fun" option - don't want to scare myself off by being too serious first time around!

The books I've chosen are:

A book you chose for the cover: The Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens


A book with a reputation for being un-put-down-able:  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins



A book set somewhere you would like to visit: Heartland by Lauren Brooke



A book you've already read: Almonds and Raisins by Maisie Mosco



A Juicy Memoir: Talking as fast as I can by Lauren Graham



A book about books or reading: The End of Your Life Book Club by Will Schwalbe


A book in a genre you usually avoid: Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha (I chose this one based on the review by Gina at A Bit of This, A Bit of That) 


A book you don't want to admit you're dying to read: I'm stumped with this one.  There's nothing I'm dying to read at the moment and if I was dying to read it, I'd be totally cool with admitting that... I'm hoping something comes up during the year.

A book in the backlist of a new favourite author: The Bad Luck Wedding Dress by Emily March (writing under the pseudonym Geralyn Dawson)


A book recommended by someone with great taste: Before we visit the Goddess by 




I'm really hoping that this challenge gives me the incentive I need to read some different genres.

No comments:

My favourite cold remedy

I've been knocked flat by a cold this week.  Sore throat, sniffles, stuffy head, temp..... feeling very sorry for myself!  In fact, it&#...